Friday, August 19, 2011

whoopsie

So I forgot to post yesterday! And I'd been doing so well, with only 5 days left to go too.. No one's perfect I guess. ha.

But I do have a funny story for you.

So we were at this band comp, watching my awesome friend Davo and his band play (AND WIN), and in a break between artists housemate 1 leans across the table and says something ending in "booze". This seems like a strange word for her to use, (it's also strange because she's not so into booze as such) so I go "what?" and I hear her say
"let's go get some booze"
so I go "ok", thinking to myself "maybe she wants cider.." and off we go.
But then housemate 1 walks straight past the bar and keeps going. I grab her -
"wait, aren't we getting drinks?" I say.
"No, what?! We're getting mousse!" she replies.
"I thought you said booze!!"
"As if I'd even say that word!" she retorts with scorn.

Nevertheless, off we go and get chocolate mousse. We come back and housemate 2 is standing in the doorway with a beer.
"where did you guys go?! I thought you were going to get booze!! But then you disappeared, so I got one anyway."
So I wasn't the only one! But that's not all.

A little later we're sitting about with friends and housemate 1 is retelling the story.
But what does the friend hear?
"they thought I said, 'let's go get boobs'!!!"

..and the confusion continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment