Look, new hoodie! It's so great. It arrived in the mail today and it's so soft and warm and cuddly and pinkish red. Yay!
I got it from the Canowindra Cornerstone campus where my sister is living and studying this year. They all got jumpers and as you can see I couldn't resist the urge to buy one myself!
See, hood:
I like it because, as I already mentioned, it's red. Also, because I grew up in the Canowindra area and have a lot of fond memories of the Cano campus; and finally cos I like that idea of "living radically" - whatever that means..
We were actually just discussing it right here in the loungeroom.
Google says radical means:
- of or going to the root or origin; fundamental.
- thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms
Obviously there are a lot of different ways you could take it ["living radically"]. I might say it means living in tune with the things that really matter, despite whatever else is going on.. I might take it as living life the way it's originally meant to be lived, right back at the root of things (?!?). It could mean being a fruitcake (no offence to fruitcakes, they're awesome, especially my mum's).
I like all that. I'd probably add a bit, and say that living radically for me is wrapped up in the story of the carpenter dude from Nazareth (aka Jesus) - working on living out his teachings and growing the sparks of love and goodness into fire...
I dunno. What do you reckon?
Cano shot for you ^
Love it jazzzz. Keep it real. Keep it radical.
ReplyDelete