Now he's a lot bigger. He can run and talk and hop and gallop and kick a soccer ball real good. He says any number of suprisingly insightful or just plain hilarious things every day.
He can even 'help'...
Tonight we were at his parents' place making pizza and he was tugging the high chair around between us and the bench, trying to get in on the action. At first I managed to keep him at bay by calling on him as primary pizza-making supervisor:
"How about you tell us what you'd like to have on the pizzas. Bacon? Excellent idea."
But soon that was not exciting enough. He passed us cheese and ate cheese - until the cheese snuck off to a safe distance. Then he began on the capsicum. One bit for me, one for the pizza...
Then he passed the bacon and ate the bacon and sprinkled the bacon on the middle of the pizza.
"Ok, doing well, let's just spread it out a bit" say I in my most patient voice.
I drew the line at him helping with the paste.
Anyway, the pizzas were made and devoured - much to everyone's satisfaction - and he was sitting on the couch with us a bit later when he exclaims:
"I just did four parts!"
"What, you had four pieces of pizza?"
"No, out of my bottom!"
"No, out of my bottom!"
"Ohh, farts....!"
Dinnertime with a 3 yrold? Priceless.
I love your small friend! Two years is too long ago!
ReplyDelete