You guessed it: Placement!
This has been such a saga and it hasn't even started yet! (though I am really looking forward to when it does!)
So, getting ready for placement began last semester.
-I went to the police station and got a police check ($52)
-I went to the immunisation people and they told me what I needed to get proof of (3hours later :P).
-I harrassed my old doctor and Community Health for all the data they had on me.
-I emailed them off.
-I handed the police check into uni.
This semester:
-I put preferences in late (oops).
-I went to the immunisation people again (1.5hours)
-I had a tuberculosis skin test
-Went to the doctor, organised to get my measles-mumps shot done, cos I don't have proof of them both.
-Had a blood test
-Went back to get my skin test checked. They told me I have to come back in, TWO MORE TIMES in a couple of weeks, so they can be doubly sure (even though this test came back negative). Which means I'll have to wait till right before placement to get my health certificate. And I can't get my measles-mumps shot until they've finished the TB thing, cos it might interfere.
When they told me all that I nearly cried.
It's a good thing I don't have a job, otherwise I don't know how I'd fit all this in!!
Enough of the whining. I finally heard from my placement supervisor person (after trying to get on to her all week!) and she sounds lovely. She's very open to whichever parts of what they do I most want to get involved in, was very relaxed and encouraging and said not to bother dressing up! Sweet.
Three weeks till D-day! eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment