A friend of ours made star lanterns for a party recently, and inspired us to do the same!
I hadn't actually seen the lanterns, but had a photo which gave enough of an idea! So we went to the hardware shop and got some lengths of dowel (these were 2400 by 6mm I think).
For the big lantern I cut them into 1m lengths (10 pieces). Taped 5 together into a flat star, then the other 5 into another. Taped the flat stars together. Then, with han and skye on board, taped some struts in the middle to bend the star into 3D. That was the tricky bit!
Then I made some flour & water glue, and we used old patterns (for making clothes with) to cover the stars.
Han pasting away..
We ran out of time to organise proper lighting, so cut a hole and sat them on lampstands! Voila!
Time to party :)
w0000!!!
ReplyDelete