Sunday, July 31, 2011

DIY Onesie

Today I made a onesie. Well, I started it yesterday but sewed it today:

(sorry about the crappy photo)

It was lots of fun. I made it on Hanwen's new sewing machine - yay for her mum randomly giving her a sewing machine!!

It turned out fairly different to the picture I first had in mind, but I'm pretty happy with it. Particularly because I didn't end up needing to get any buttons (or make any buttonholes for said buttons) cos I went for the wraparound effect.

I didn't want to buy anything, so I'd looked around for a piece of clothing that
1) I didn't care about cutting up
2) was big enough to make into a one-piece suit.

And I found a pair of wraparound pants that I never wore because they were too long and flappy and annoying:

And I cut them up. Yay for recycling things!

And then what did I do with my new onesie?! I went to a onesie party in it of course!

2 comments: