Monday, December 27, 2010

..one of those things I think you should know

very nearly didn't post this.. but here goes!

Ok, so this is to do with relationship breakups. Just thought I should let people know (and I'm sure most of you wouldn't do this, but you'd be suprised how much it happens) that when someone has broken up with someone else, you don't immediately jump in with telling them not to worry because 'there's a special person out there waiting just for you - they just haven't turned up yet'. When you've just broken up with someone your world may be in pieces and amongst all the bits of hopes and dreams and impossibly tangled feelings you're grieving this person that, due to whatever circumstances, has been ripped out of your life.


I know people mean well, but it's not about 'finding that one perfect person for you'. It's about knowing and caring for this particular person and who they are.. You don't just go 'oh well they weren't the right one so I'll start looking for someone new'.. maybe they weren't, and in time maybe you will join paths with someone else, but what I'm saying is, that's not the place you're in now.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience here (mine and close friends of mine who've had similar experiences with well-meaning others), and maybe not everyone feels the same way we do, but I think when people say things like the above, it feels like there's no understanding of what it meant.. And that you're freed up and 'on the hunt' again or something. ew.


Oh and I'm definitely not angry with anyone, just so you know! Only thought, maybe I could warn against making this one little mistake.


Cheers,

3 comments: