Another love-themed post, I'm afraid!
A few days ago I was hanging with a bunch of 14yrold girls. We took turns singing songs in our various languages, teaching eachother the spanish-english-Zapotec names for things, talking about Australia.
Then they got me to write a love letter for them in English. It was dictated in Spanish, or course, so I did my best to translate it as they went along. I wish I could remember it all, because it was a real gem, partly beautiful, partly just over-the-top-hilarious.
Of course once it was done they were all madly threatening eachother about writing the name of one of the other girls' crushes at the top. I don't know who ended up with it, but Hugo was one of the options.
Dear Hugo,
I write to you, in English for the first time, to tell you how much I love you. I adore you. I can't stop thinking about you. I can't forget you.
You are my moon. You shine like the stars. I exist only to think of you.
You were born for me, I was born for you. We were made to be together. You are for me, for all of my life..
When we are together, it will be for the whole of our lives.
I love you.
Sincerely,
___________
Eeehee. Sounds fun! You've given me an idea for the Korean girls!
ReplyDelete:) have fun!
ReplyDelete