Spring is sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where the boidies* is.
They say the boid is on the wing.
Ain't that absoid?
I thought the wing was on the boid.
My Grandfather always used to say this - at least, I remember him oft repeating the first two lines.. I tried to find out who it is by - apparently it's by Anonymous. There is much internetal discussion about the correct version and possible author/s.
All that to say.. Welcome spring - in all your lush greenness and spicy scents!
*boidies=birdies
hee hee! spicy spring! smells like wet grass and ginger slice and a freshly cracked volume of e.e. cummings. ;D Maybe next poetry night should be spring themed? (alright, okay, I just want an excuse to let loose with my romantics. still!)
ReplyDeleteI like it :)
ReplyDelete..and freesias and fresh lemons and hot concrete and clover...
My mummy used to always say it too - and so now I do in honour of her. She also used to say 'beetroot to yourself and you will always beetroot to me' iieeeeeeeeeee hehehe
ReplyDelete