I'm struggling to think quite how to approach telling the story of this past week away, so I'm going to attempt some daily logs and see how far I get!
Monday
Sydney farewelled us with a friendly Lebanese taxi driver and a gorgeous dusky red 5am moon-set; the Gold Coast farewelled us with glimpses of rich green hills; Kuala Lumpur farewelled us with a bellyful of laksa (the special penang kind, Koiter) and assorted weird dried fruit samples; and finally we are welcomed into the delectable spread of sparkling lights that is Bangkok! Combined total=sore bum.
Dee came to pick us up - little, round, laughing, laughing merrily away without end. Two guys came too, and took possession of the first of our bags that came to hand. Being too shy to ask to help with another, they shared it and bounced away, swinging it between them, cracking flashes of smiles all the way to the car.
Falling onto our lightly padded grass mats just before midnight (but 3:30am back home); our epic day was finally at an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment