Thursday, September 8, 2011

kid time

This afternoon I entertained a couple of kids for a couple of hours while their mum was seeing one of the family workers.
We played with playdough, ate vast quantities of vegemite sandwiches (well, one of us did), played popping frogs, jumped on a little trampoline, rolled around in a giant plastic ball with holes.. I tried to tip Mr.6yrold out. A lot. He found that very exciting.

The soccer ball only went out of bounds four times:
-once playing soccer (I kicked it out)
-once by the 12yrold throwing it as high as she could
-once playing piggy-in-the-middle (6yrold)
-again by Mr 6, over the fence.

Managed to retrieve all balls (except for the one I kicked out, oops). The most interesting retrieval involved me standing on the giant plastic ball waving a broom around the roof, being directed by the children standing on the other side of the yard (they could see it, I couldn't). Teamwork, that's what I like to call it (shh don't tell the OH&S people, pleeease.)

No comments:

Post a Comment