Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Harry Potter MLIA

Harry Potter madness hit the Canary household a couple of days ago with all the force of a flock of stampeding hippogriffs. Grand plans for a Christmas party were made, involving dreams of copious amounts of butterbeer, pumpkin juice, pies of all descriptions, every-flavour beans, quidditch-playing, and assigning of dress-up characters to those present (and every other friend that entered our heads)!

Then in the thickest of procrastinatory moods, my own personal HP fever combined with OCDish trawling of MLIA (mylifeisaverage.com*) to bring you this selection:
Enjoy!

'Today I was doing some research and typed into Google, "Where is Hogwarts..." and the suggestion was "Where is Hogwarts located in real life?" I'm glad to know that Google knows that Hogwarts is real. MLIA'

One night my boyfriend was driving me home from his house. When we pulled into my driveway we both saw an owl sitting on our fencepost. He instantly slammed on his brakes, looked at me with wide eyes, and shouted, "Your Hogwarts letter came!" I knew I loved him.MLIA

Today, I realized that everytime I take my cough syrup (it's not the greatest tasting medicine), I pretend it's some sort of Harry Potter potion. It makes it a lot easier to take. MLIA

Today, I was trying to explain to my son why we couldn't give him everything he wanted. Finally, I said that if we did he'd end up like Dudley Dursley. He shut up immediately. MLIA

Today I changed my name in my mother's cell phone to Ron Weasely. About an hour later I texted her. She came into my room screaming excitedly. I feel too bad to tell her she has been conversing with me for the entire day. I don't want to break her heart. MLIA

My aunt is from Mexico. So today when I went to brush my teeth, I found toothpaste. It had Harry Potter on it saying "¡Yo combate las caries con la magia!" Which in English, means "I fight cavities with magic!" Needless to say I know what I want for Christmas. MLIA

Today was celebrity day for the spirit week so naturally i dressed up as Hermione Granger. I was walking through school and losing heart because of the some 1000 odd Justin Beibers, Lady Gagas, and Nicki Minajs i couldn't find another Harry Potter character. Then later during lunch i was sitting, kind of sad, when Harry, Ron, Draco, and Cho ran up to my table screaming "There you are Hermione!! We all have potions homework due next class and we need your help!" We all took a picture together. Easily made my life. :) MLIA

Today, in my spanish class a girl jokingly called her friend a muggle during free time. My teacher responded my promptly jumping out of his chair and yelling, "Don't use that foul language in my classroom!" She has a two-hour long detention now. MLIA

One night quite sometime ago, i had fallen asleep watching "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and left it on repeat, well i woke up in the middle of the night and went to turn on my other side (away from the tv) when voldermort exclaims "Don't turn your back away from me, i want to see the lights go out in your eyes when i kill you!" I seriously screamed and ran out of my room. MLIA

Today, I changed all of my contacts in my phone to Harry Potter characters. For some people, I couldn't figure out who to put them as, so I texted them, asking them who they want to be. The usual was Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, Sirius, etc. But one friend said "either Fluffy or The Basilisk." New best friend? I think so. MLIA.

Today a guy came to my work dressed up like Spiderman. A little boy ran up to him and told him that he could never beat Harry Potter, then cast a spell on Spiderman, and ran off. I hope my kid will be that cool.MLIA.

Last night the power went out at my apartment complex. I texted my girlfriend, asking her to keep me company, and she told me to light a candle and pretend that I was in the forbidden section of the library at Hogwarts. She's a keeper. MLIA.

Today i was talking to my mom and told her we needed to get some Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans (i was meaning Jelly Belly Jelly Beans) She just nodded and wrote it down. Im glad she understands my mind always relates to Harry Potter. MLIA


*MLIA is a site where you can post 'average' experiences and thoughts from your average life.. however somehow it has become a pooling of often hilarious (allegedly true) episodes brimming with pop culture (well, pretty much harry pothead, pirates & ninjas, with some gratuitous twilight-bashing thrown in) and fairytale endings..

No comments:

Post a Comment