I saw the sunset tonight, for the first time in ages. Last year I often used to go on little 'sunset dates' - just me, the sunset, and whatever sunset-watching place I chose.
I haven't found many good places near home this year. There's a major hill about half an hour's walk away which would be brilliant. I'll have to go on a hike there some evening soon.
Anyway, I was out wandering tonight and the sunset was beautiful. Not a hugely glamorous 'look at me, look at me' type one, more a quiet glowing, growing, and fading. There was a soft blue pirouette of clouds across the west, and the sun sank golden through them. For a while there it looked like an otherworldly landscape, a cloud in front rising up all dark like a mountain peak in the sky, with shafts of light spilling round it and washing out to blend with the blue.
It grew orange for a while, strength started to ebb, then just when you thought it was over shot a bit of pink back into the lingering clouds, like a last little wave.
No comments:
Post a Comment