Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why you should go for a Walk

You should go for a walk because:

-you might find a mulberry tree, or other fruit tree to surreptitiously sneak a sample from (yes, it's at the top of my list)

-you might find a cool leaf or feather

-you might find a damp drainpipe to sing songs in

-you might find a big group of people playing cricket on an oval, sausages spitting on a barbie, onlookers wisely huddled in the scrawny eucalyptus shade

-you could be blown about on top of a hill

-you could swing on swings in a park

-the musty murky bits could get cleared out of your mind

-you could find an amazing variety of bits of broken glass, cans, and faded chip or lolly wrappers

-you could have a secret little dance, all to yourself (oh wait, it's meant to be a walk!)

-you could get rained/hailed/rainbowed/shone/spat upon (don't worry, that particular one hasn't happened to me yet)


all this could be yours, AND MORE!

That's the thing - you never know...

ps - and there's that little thing called exercise, but that's not as interesting in itself as all of the above.

3 comments:

  1. I found a frill-necked lizard today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure! come drainpipe singin wit me :D

    James I did think that coming across a soccer game would have been more fun!
    and I COULD have seen a frill-necked lizard. but I didn't. maybe next time..

    ReplyDelete